The sky is definitely
not the limit…
- Renovating our 700sqm offices with a new and fresh look!
- New faces joining the team…Metro Minds 26 faces strong!
- Implementing our on-line products with using tablets in the class room.
- Becoming experts in customisation of revolutionary new offerings and products.
- Hosted 408 delegates nationally for graduations during the year.
- Launching the first Logistics Simulation Training.
- Starting the first CREATE-O-VATIVE Innovation program.
- Opening our very own Metro Minds offices in DBN & CPT
- Integrating a South African Learnership with a Global Qualification to achieve two for the price of one!
- Celebrating our fun ideas…feed your face Fridays, funday Mondays, captains days, blessing bags…
- Achieving BBBEE Level 2 with brand new shareholders- ready to take on the world.
- Launching Innovator Awards for Employees and Students.
- Proud to say we are passionate about building a future with quality and fun education- with excellence as our promise.
- Giving final touches to our powerful brand at Durban SAAFF Congress, with Juliette as speaker on a panel for Women in Freight.
- Juliette represented Metro Minds at the PA summit of the year as guest speaker as well as a Judge at the Business Women of the Year 2015.
- Runner up in the TT100 competition for Innovation in the Management of People.
- Received an award for Excellence as an Associate in the Da Vinci program for Sales Management.
- Introduced Wise Minds (bridging program) for bridging the gap into the workplace- we successfully placed 13 of the 15 learners in workplaces straight after the programme.
- Spunk Designs becoming part of the Metro Minds service umbrella- offering more than just training.
- Hosting a celebration for Women’s Day with inspiring speaker, Lara Kruiskamp.
- Graduating yet another 258 Successful Learners in more than the usual qualifications.
- Employing our own Learners for our organisation- They all successfully completed their qualifications and are now all permanent employees in key operational positions.
- Successfully implemented distance learning programs.
- Started the very first formalised qualification for Sales, articulated for the Logistics Industry, with Da Vinci – qualifying close to 60 delegates for this.
- Hosting a shining breakfast for Women’s Day with Raelene Rorke and finding diamonds within us.
- Winning the prestigious Leadership Award for ‘Boss of the Year’. The first female small business to have ever won this.
- Appear on the front page of The Star Workplace, Article published in the Leadership Platform and the FTW.
- Invited as a guest on the Leadership Show on Cliff Central with Adriaan Groenewald.
- Introducing a dedicated marketing focus for Metro Minds.
- Ended the year with 482 students on long term qualifications.
- Rebranding with new logo and look.
- Moving to a new premises in Gauteng – started with 300sqm and grew to a 700sqm facility.
- Giving our bit on Madiba Day and visiting the SPCA.
- Became registered study centre for UK based professional body CIPS (Chartered Institute of Procurement and Supply Chain)
- Became an associate to the Mode 2 Private Institute Da Vinci as the Sales Faculty on the Management of Sales Certificate.
- Expanding our footprint to KwaZulu Natal with a permanent facilitator.
- Promoting Samantha to make sure all our ducks are in a row – welcome General Manager!
- Developing a custom made Learner Management System for our unique offerings.
- Giving a helping hand to Welfare house Siphumulele.
- Collaborating with DTI and SEDA Workshops for new time exporters.
- Standing out at the Cape Town SAAFF Congress once again!
- Taking logistics to new levels with our simulated games and fun ways of learning.
- Becoming a SAAFF member in the scope of providers and registered as FIATA Trainers.
- Tried and Tested computer training with a brand new 10 x station computer room.
- Introducing our staff, our suppliers and our students with the Flava of the Month Initiatives.
- Started the year on a high with the appointment of our current Operations Manager, Samantha Dorrington.
- Expanded our Training Facilities with another 120sqm. Extended to more qualifications.
- First time Exhibitors at the SAAFF Congress displaying our fun.
- Dedicated ‘bean counter’ Christie to make sure all our cents are spent wisely.
- Accredited at the International Chamber of Commerce (ICC) to educate the trade Industry on Incoterms 2010
- Celebrating 5 years of training excellence in the lush gardens of Le Chateau and entertained by talented Jacques de Villiers- now known as the famous band “Joshua na die reen”
- Employing employee #003, Nomalanga Dlodlo as our Administrator at the time.
- Going from 4 learners to 104, Metro Minds employed coastal representatives for Port Elizabeth and Cape Town. They liked it so much, they decided to stay for the rest of the fun.
- Metro Minds moved to their first office in Kempton Park, Monument Road, Erikson Mall #200sqm here we come!
- Staff compliment grew to 7 people nationally.
- We could officially offer services to the main centres in South Africa with our National footprint.
- Celebrating the first of many Graduations.
- Creating our values with the team’s input…Integrity, Excellence, Passion, Family and Fun-o-vative!
- Employing employee #002 – Yolandi Dercksen. This means business! We moved to a whopping 24sqm space inside the same property.
- Collaboration with DSD Training, late Mark Hampton, collaborating on the very first Learnership. Four learners – our pride and joy.
- Sadly our top learner, Trewlanie, passed away the week before her graduation. More sadness hit us with the sudden passing of our Learnership partner, Mr Mark Hampton. Since then, the National Learnership Top Award was born in memory of Mark’s passion and love for training and the industry.
- Publishing our first article in the FTW- get ready to roll!
- Spunk Designs was created, sharing office space with Metro minds.
- Accreditation with TETA, putting Metro Minds officially on the Trade Training Map.
- Accreditation achieved with Service Seta in the humble 9sqm office we operated from.
- Growing clients to 13 sustainable business partners- most of them still developing people with us.
- Tasting ‘customisation’ – Designing and Developing a customised Induction Program for a major South African Bank
- Continuing the growth of popular program Basic Imports and Exports, Finance in Freight and Incoterms.
- Keeping Centurion Schools clean with training of cleaning staff at schools.
- Growing the invoice count from 3 to 34, we became a force to be reckoned with!
- Design and printing of our very first board game – Money Minds! Still in use – and still a fun way to teach finance.
- 2007/24 – the unique certificate number for the 24 people certified in competent learning.
- The start of the flagship program Basic imports and Exports.
- With R15 583, Juliette decided to start living her passion of developing people and building futures- Metro Minds was born.
- Education today. Excellence tomorrow – this vision still stands strong.
- The Metro Minds LOGO was born – designed by Lizelle Fourie. Today, 10 years later Lizelle is the brainchild behind all the wonderful adventures of our Metro Minds “man”.
- Three invoices where raised whereby the very first one was for the amount of R5 925 to UTI SA. Today, although baptised with a new name, our partnership is still standing strong.
- The beautiful Le Chateau Guesthouse was used as our training centre for a full four years.
- And the fun started…